[song:symphonic rock] Crying for Love (mp3/ytube)

• 3 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
[song:symphonic rock] Crying for Love (mp3/ytube)
« on: February 01, 2010, 00:18:23 »
While trying out to work more with SF2 files in OpenMPT using sfz, I created this Symphonic Rock song. I'm very happy with the result and very much would like to share it with everyone. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I've posted this on YouTube, but you can also download the mp3.

Length: 5:45
Style: Symphonic Rock/Waltz (sound:rock, rhythm: waltz)

If you have a youtube account, I would like it very much if you can vote for me there.

Also, feedback is appreciated. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Well

• View Profile
    • hi im the well
Re: [song:symphonic rock] Crying for Love (mp3/ytube)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:06:11 »
oh what.
honestly, i'm not a huge fan of this type of rock in the first place, but modplug cannot do any time of rock. the distorted guitars just sound awful and the drums do not work.
it's not your song specifically, it's just modplug in general.

on the actual song, it comes off as a little cheesy. it might just be the type of music you're trying to make but i didn't really enjoy the melodies, chords etc.
the extremely distorted guitars sort of clash with the original clean guitar sound you looped, and the drums get a little repetitive after awhile. also, the song gets sort of boring after the five minutes. the amount of ideas you came up with would have better fit a 2 to 3 minute song, not a 5 minute, 44 second song.

it could have used more work, hell, just better songwriting. :)

edit: also, i'm not too sure how this is symphonic rock. you might want to read up on what symphonic rock is, and possibly listen to some symphonic rock songs. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphonic_rock
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:13:03 by Well »

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 16:55:41 »
i thought it was good xD although the distorted guitars did sound awful :X freaked me out lol but it sounds pretty good Lpchip :) nice work :P2

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 09:06:20 »
Thanks for the feedback, both of you.

The distorted guitars are a diamond guitar with a classic amplifier on it. I guess that's just not such a good combination X)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex