[V1.0a] Knytt Stories DS

• 235 Replies

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Knytt Stories DS
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2009, 09:05:53 »
I found out recently that a lot/some of homebrew projects have a EFS version release (using this I believe?), which is the whole game/application in one .nds file.
Would it be impossible for you to do such a compilation and release for those who's only got the emulator?

I think I tried it sometime during the development, but didn't work. Anyway, now I have a bit of more experience in the platform, so I'll add it to my TO-DO list  ;)

PS: Bank 15 finished, the first bank of KSDS with *all* its elements finished!!!  C)p

Very good! another bug.
If you use the disappear/appear blocks, the appearing and disappearing is a quite a bit of
any way, GOOD WORK!!!

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2009, 16:16:40 »
I found out recently that a lot/some of homebrew projects have a EFS version release (using this I believe?), which is the whole game/application in one .nds file.
Would it be impossible for you to do such a compilation and release for those who's only got the emulator?

I think I tried it sometime during the development, but didn't work. Anyway, now I have a bit of more experience in the platform, so I'll add it to my TO-DO list  ;)

PS: Bank 15 finished, the first bank of KSDS with *all* its elements finished!!!  C)p

Very good! another bug.
If you use the disappear/appear blocks, the appearing and disappearing is a quite a bit of
any way, GOOD WORK!!!

It would probably be better if you mention the bank # and object #.
That way it's also easy to check their development status on the KSDS website.  :O

EDIT: On another note: Could you (rrc2soft) reveal a little about when we might expect a new release? A BETA perhaps?  :P2

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2009, 16:42:46 »
It would probably be better if you mention the bank # and object #.
That way it's also easy to check their development status on the KSDS website.  :O
EDIT: On another note: Could you (rrc2soft) reveal a little about when we might expect a new release? A BETA perhaps?  :P2

I wish I knew...  X-P Every bit of free time I get I use it on KSDS, but there are still plenty of things to do. Maybe (I repeat, that's a "maybe") I'll focus only on the critters of "The machine" level, so next alpha (not beta yet, folks, lot of things to solve on the background) will have "The machine" completely playable.
Now I am on vacation in China, so my free time = sightseeing  :^^: . Nevertheless, I need to spend lot of time in a train in the next days (16 hours, 8 sleep 8 awake) and I intend to work on KSDS whenever I m awake ;) .

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2009, 16:55:48 »
Sounds great! :D Have a good time in China by the way.

Have you considered adding support for SLOT-2 RAM in KSDS? Not as a requirement for playing but maybe as an optional feature which could enhance the gaming experience somehow?
Additionally: Would Custom objects be possible with the SLOT-2 RAM?

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2009, 17:48:41 »
Have you considered adding support for SLOT-2 RAM in KSDS? Not as a requirement for playing but maybe as an optional feature which could enhance the gaming experience somehow?
Additionally: Would Custom objects be possible with the SLOT-2 RAM?

Need to check how to obtain support for it (remember I am a lame coder  :oops: ). Regarding CO, the problem with CO is the amount of VRAM I need to store one frame of the CO... once a CO becomes too big (more than 128x128), it eats all the VRAM I have for Juni and the other sprites. Of course, smaller CO are possible  :) . (And I am sure I could do something with the big CO, but as I said, I am a lazy coder :oops:)

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2009, 22:39:51 »
Well, I guess we just have to let you do what you can do, for the moment :). After that we can pry into CO or whatever.  >)

I'm sure you can make this work. It's already amazing.
As I continue to state: Looking forward to the next release.

I'm obsessed with this project of yours...

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2009, 03:03:23 »

Me to!
XD

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2009, 10:43:56 »

Me to!
XD
Italics are fun! But they're not from Italy!

Back on topic nao. I'm really looking forward to this. :o Keep it up.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2009, 21:49:07 »
I've just gotten my EDGE card working and I am really excited to see this finished!! C)p
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2009, 14:45:29 »
Yayz! I'm downloading this game right now, I just got a Games N music card today and i've been installing stuff like crazy! This is the third Homebrew game I have now, First being Quake and Second being Doom. :)
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2009, 15:24:45 »
This looks awesome... wish I had a flash cart :/

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2009, 15:34:47 »
Also theirs two things I want to mention

1. You should fix how the locked doors work and add more objects, I found this problem in my own level "Ice Island"

2. Do you know any Org verbis to Raw converters?
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2009, 01:39:53 »
Also theirs two things I want to mention
1. You should fix how the locked doors work and add more objects, I found this problem in my own level "Ice Island"

Yup, that's the reason the actual version is known as "alpha"  ;). Nevertheless, on my website you can check the current progress of KSDS (and compare it to the state of the alpha version), and as you can see moar and moar objects are being added  :^^:.
Still, what is the problem with the locked doors?

2. Do you know any Org verbis to Raw converters?

Check the read.me on the alpha.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2009, 02:14:27 »
The problem I had with the locked doors is in the styles 1 and 2.

1. I couldn't open them from the top or bottom so I couldn't finish the level.

2. This was a part where all four doors were on the same tile, when I opened one it made the other doors behind non solid, so it was not impossible afterall

I also encountered another glitch. When trying Temple of Azulan the level just cut off towards the desert.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2009, 10:55:40 »
The problem I had with the locked doors is in the styles 1 and 2.
1. I couldn't open them from the top or bottom so I couldn't finish the level.
2. This was a part where all four doors were on the same tile, when I opened one it made the other doors behind non solid, so it was not impossible afterall
I also encountered another glitch. When trying Temple of Azulan the level just cut off towards the desert.

Added to the TO-DO list. Thanks for reporting   :)