[V1.0a] Knytt Stories DS

• 235 Replies

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Knytt Stories DS
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2009, 12:31:48 »
Is there an updated youtube video for this?

Nop, my bro (who doesn't live in the same city as me) has the DS lite, and videos only look good on the lite  :huh:.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2009, 15:17:41 »

Nop, my bro (who doesn't live in the same city as me) has the DS lite, and videos only look good on the lite  :huh:.

Emulator

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2009, 19:44:45 »

Emulator

...and I have an Acer aspire one which is veeeeeery slow for emulating (speed ~50%). Once my brother comes to visit, I'll steal his camera for a bit ;-)

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2009, 23:38:12 »
Would be nice if you told me how to run this on an emulator. I have not seen a DS emulator which supports the DS file system.

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2009, 10:00:26 »
it also needs dldi to run  >)

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2009, 22:19:10 »
Would be nice if you told me how to run this on an emulator. I have not seen a DS emulator which supports the DS file system.

...Actually... I do not run the full game in an emulator (need to research more). I only use a small version of KSDS running the test maps that I use for developing the game.

In short: nowadays, KSDS cannot be run in an emulator.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2009, 20:36:59 »
Ah, thanks. :)

smeagle, still - none of the tutorials I've tried worked.  X-P

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2009, 23:54:41 »
I just buy DS lite and I can?t wait when I?ll play this. C)p C)p

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2009, 00:38:10 »
You should add this game to http://www.moddb.com/.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2009, 02:57:20 »
Probably a stupid question, (-:
Do people thint KSDS will work on a code freak? It's like a japanese Action replay and has a microSD slot and a "nds launcher" (at least thats what google translate says it means) I was just thinking that it might not work due to japanese coding etc... 9_9
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:55 »
I have some questions about KSDS. If I have R4 Ultra card. Can I play some levels that I download for examplefrom Knytt levels? And did CO works in KSDS?

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2009, 14:26:17 »
Do people thint KSDS will work on a code freak?

Dunno, sorry  :sad:

I have some questions about KSDS. If I have R4 Ultra card. Can I play some levels that I download for examplefrom Knytt levels?

You can, but in the current alpha most levels will not work properly.

And did CO works in KSDS?

Not yet. It will, although some CO will not be supported due to memory/space constraints.

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2009, 23:21:51 »
I found out recently that a lot/some of homebrew projects have a EFS version release (using this I believe?), which is the whole game/application in one .nds file.
Would it be impossible for you to do such a compilation and release for those who's only got the emulator?

I understand that it would make loading custom levels impossible but then you could perhaps just compile a few levels into the package for instance the tutorial (obviously) and The Machine. Just to show how well it's actually running atm.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2009, 02:07:10 »
I found out recently that a lot/some of homebrew projects have a EFS version release (using this I believe?), which is the whole game/application in one .nds file.
Would it be impossible for you to do such a compilation and release for those who's only got the emulator?

I think I tried it sometime during the development, but didn't work. Anyway, now I have a bit of more experience in the platform, so I'll add it to my TO-DO list  ;)

PS: Bank 15 finished, the first bank of KSDS with *all* its elements finished!!!  C)p

« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2009, 02:25:45 »
PS: Bank 15 finished, the first bank of KSDS with *all* its elements finished!!!  C)p
Awesome.
Lurk more.