Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: Za Nifflas Arcade!?
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2009, 13:17:33 »
... :O
...never thought of that...

But I still play some games that are fun. And some games I feel I can at least get a little closer to the top in.

The reason I quit the arcade is because I sucked at 1/3 of the games, and have no competition in the other 2/3.
I don't really know why I have highscored 2/3 of the games, I haven't spent very much time on them... it must be, as I have said earlier, that I am good at these kind of games. Or that other people give up to fast. Getting a highscore requires lots of patience.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 13:22:53 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2009, 17:57:50 »
I'd be more determined to beat the Asteroids high score if the arcade's version wasn't so buggy :P2 (respawning in the path of asteroids, for instance)

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:53 »
I'd be more determined to beat the Asteroids high score if the arcade's version wasn't so buggy :P2 (respawning in the path of asteroids, for instance)

Thats not called buggy. This is a quite good representation of the original astroids on the amiga. Yes, it also happened there that on a respawn, you could get killed by an astroid. Prevent that from happening ;)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2009, 18:01:02 »
I found this game on the old forums: http://www.vivalagames.com/play/cursorthief/

All I know is that it's Flash, so I can't say if it's compatible or not. It's pretty fun I think.

« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2009, 18:20:22 »
If it's not designed or modified for the SMF Arcade, it's not compatible. The admins don't have enough time to modify it themselves. If anyone has Flash, the can probably modify it themselves; the required information can be found on the SMF Arcade forums.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2009, 19:42:49 »
There's pretty many in their own arcade: http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?action=arcade

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2009, 22:59:25 »
Thats not called buggy. This is a quite good representation of the original astroids on the amiga. Yes, it also happened there that on a respawn, you could get killed by an astroid. Prevent that from happening ;)
Actually, the original was the arcade machine. The version I enjoyed the most was the one that came with (I think) Windows 95, which did not have that rather unfair feature, but could be different from the original.
Incidentally, if anyone knows where I could get the Windows 95 Asteroids, I would be very happy :P2

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2009, 02:03:32 »
Google?
Lurk more.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2009, 22:00:26 »
I was tired of being last in every game so I made a program that makes the mouse swing from left to right extremely fast and made it click every 1 mili second so santa could NEVER hit the ground...
But he fell through a gap and that's how I got my score.

Thats pretty smart. Applause on you.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2009, 22:29:40 »
Google?
No, I've tried that :sigh:
All that gives me is remakes generally.

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2009, 01:35:44 »
I was tired of being last in every game so I made a program that makes the mouse swing from left to right extremely fast and made it click every 1 mili second so santa could NEVER hit the ground...
But he fell through a gap and that's how I got my score.

Thats pretty smart. Applause on you.
No. No applause goes to cheaters!
Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:20 »
Requesting removal of Boomshine and Happy Pill. See my comments on the highscore board.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2009, 13:25:12 »
No, I disagree about removing boomshine. Even the description says that it's not firstly about any score. In my point of view it's about just a more or less pretty (but indeed rather random) combination of colours and music. If anything can upset you that much just because you can't get an uber-high-score, then you probably just shouldn't play it. There are enough other games that provide that, I guess.
But yeah, the other one is stupid I suppose.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

4a

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2009, 16:03:28 »
I noticed that LimeLemon said something like "I don't like the way this game works" when he got a lower high score than Igiari, then he got a higher score and had no comment, then when KG got an even higher score LimeLemon went back to being annoyed.
It's not all about high scores, kid. 9_9
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 16:43:44 by 4a »

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2009, 19:18:45 »
My comments has nothing to do with me being champion or not. I actually said " I don't like how this game works" before Igiari beat me, and when I beat him I just didn't feel like repeting myself... and I haven't had so much time to play on the arcade (I have played most games less than 5 times (while KG really have been wasting too much time)), but I went back and played the game again and realized the scores really was unfair and... yeah.

But if you don't want to remove Boomshine (I agree that it's a nice game if you don't care about scores), could you at least remove the scoreboard and/or champion thingy? Beacuse it's unfair if someone (Me, KG, Igiari, anyone) gets a champion for being lucky at a random game while others earn their champions in hard games that require skill.