[V1.0a] Knytt Stories DS

• 235 Replies

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE 1] Knytt Stories DS
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2010, 18:33:18 »
EDIT: there's also something wrong in screen x1000y971: both Shifts send you to screen x1000y953, but at different positions. From there you'd get Shifted again shortly, but on KSDS you'll get killed instantly. I don't really get it though, there's no kill tile, but maybe the wallswim conflicts with either the Sticky Object or the No Jump one.

...and here I realized that deep water DOES NOT KILL Juni X-P Thanks!

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2010, 18:35:32 »
...and here I realized that deep water DOES NOT KILL Juni X-P Thanks!

lol u shulda chekd teh compendium  (<--shameless self-advertisement)
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:49 »
Everything FIXED (kinda  :P )

BTW, AA... thanks for these last-minutes tests! For you! :hiddenstar:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 17:29:37 by rrc2soft »

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2010, 02:39:31 »
Everything FIXED (kinda  :P )

Fixed the url:
http://rodrigoroman.com/rrc2soft/files/KSDS%20RC1a.zip

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2010, 04:13:54 »
I got an R4! I got an R4! And guess what's inside it! :nuts:

I downloaded this and I'm trying to run it. But when I turn on my DS, it says "LOADING..." and it stays there. <_<
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:08 »
Unfortunately, Pumpkinbot, you might have a fake R4. My friend ordered an "R4" and I think his does the same thing. His also has a giant screw sticking out of the back.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2010, 05:49:48 »
Unfortunately, Pumpkinbot, you might have a fake R4. My friend ordered an "R4" and I think his does the same thing. His also has a giant screw sticking out of the back.
I don't think so. I figured out that my SD Card was a SDHC, which R4s can't use. Also, it's 8GB, and they only take 2GB SD Cards, for some odd reason...

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:44 »
Everything FIXED (kinda  :P )

No need for thanks: I'm just playing that new level, reporting what I find along the way.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2010, 18:12:56 »
Hi!, everyone,

After two years in the making... I was unable to wait four hours  :)

Knytt Stories DS v1.0 has been released!!!!

Enjoy  C)

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2010, 18:22:32 »
BTW...

I downloaded this and I'm trying to run it. But when I turn on my DS, it says "LOADING..." and it stays there. <_<

Try the compatibility version included in the V1.0  ;)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: [V1.0] Knytt Stories DS
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2010, 14:22:17 »
Still playing the level, and I think I've found another small bug: having the Double Jump and the Umbrella, when you glide on an ascending current (Bank 15 Object 5), you lose the second jump.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2010, 18:44:25 »
Congratulations on getting this far! It's a real achievement! C)
I look forward to trying this out soon.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2010, 18:51:31 »
I fixed the loading problem on my R4, and I'm now gonna download KSDS. :)

But might I suggest an option to rename the data folder? A lot of other games might use a folder called "Data", so renaming it "KSDS_Data" would be useful.

Edit: Also, a few aesthetics: first, Juni's icon on the map is too far to the right. (Look at it when you're climbing on a left wall and again on a right wall.) I'd suggest shifting it to the left about two pixels.

Also, I noticed all the objects are blue squares on the map. Does this count for the invisible blocks, too? That may be a problem on some maze levels or this one "Flashlight" game I remember playing. I haven't played any games with that in it yet (only played the tutorial and The Machine), so I dunno if it does that. I see that the water doesn't do that, though. :P

Third, in the original Knytt Stories, Juni respawns rather quickly. I kinda like the new death animation and the fact that it's slower, but, on some levels, like TrickJumps or levels that are hard to impossible, you might wanna speed up the spawn speed. Or have it be changeable in the options menu. :)

Other than that, you win a :hiddenstar:. Though I know you got lots already from this. :awsum: Now if only if someone could port the level editor...:shifty:

Edit: Juni can also moonwalk. ._. Jump, and, in midair, hold down or up. If you keep holding down (or up) when she lands, she'll play her walking animation while still.
Edit: Adding on to this, if you hold right or left and then slide to up or down, Juni will continue in that direction and the camera won't follow until you release.

Edit: One last thing: I miss the ctrl+R and ctrl+S. D: (And I, too, have encountered the ledge-double-jump glitch.)

Edit: I lied. One last last thing: When Juni pressed down to save on a save spot that's a few tiles above the ground, the screen will move down because of the camera. :(

Edit: One more last last thing: it's really annoying having to convert every single song and ambiance file to MP3. D: Can't you do an in-game conversion, or, better yet, use OGG?

Edit: I beat The Machine on KSDS, so I tried to install Sky Flower, Gustav's Daughter, A Strange Dream, An Underwater Adventure, and This Level Is Unfinished, and I even converted all the songs by hand (...), but whenever I try to play the game freezes. :U HALP
Edit: I found the actual ASD expansion pack on the stack, so I guess it's solved (though I don't have Gustav's Daughter), but still, how do I install other levels?
Edit: AUA doesn't work. D: It freezes when I go to the second screen. This is the one that came from your site, rrc2.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:11:13 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline steynj

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2010, 02:49:22 »
But might I suggest an option to rename the data folder? A lot of other games might use a folder called "Data", so renaming it "KSDS_Data" would be useful.
This is a really good idea. I have other homebrew that have 'Data' folders in the root, so if you could rename it, it wouldn't be as confusing.

Edit: Also, I noticed all the objects are blue squares on the map. Does this count for the invisible blocks, too? That may be a problem on some maze levels or this one "Flashlight" game I remember playing. I haven't played any games with that in it yet (only played the tutorial and The Machine), so I dunno if it does that. I see that the water doesn't do that, though. :P

Invisible blocks are in both the tutorial and The Machine, aren't they? The ones that you see with the eye powerup? They don't appear as blue squares on the map.

Edit: Third, in the original Knytt Stories, Juni respawns rather quickly. I kinda like the new death animation and the fact that it's slower, but, on some levels, like TrickJumps or levels that are hard to impossible, you might wanna speed up the spawn speed. Or have it be changeable in the options menu. :)
I think this is a good idea. It takes way too long for me.

Edit: One more last last thing: it's really annoying having to convert every single song and ambiance file to MP3. D: Can't you do an in-game conversion, or, better yet, use OGG?
This.

Edit: AUA doesn't work. D: It freezes when I go to the second screen. This is the one that came from your site, rrc2.

I'll test it out now and report back.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2010, 06:51:09 »
This is a really good idea. I have other homebrew that have 'Data' folders in the root, so if you could rename it, it wouldn't be as confusing.
:awsum:

Edit: Also, I noticed all the objects are blue squares on the map. Does this count for the invisible blocks, too? That may be a problem on some maze levels or this one "Flashlight" game I remember playing. I haven't played any games with that in it yet (only played the tutorial and The Machine), so I dunno if it does that. I see that the water doesn't do that, though. :P

Invisible blocks are in both the tutorial and The Machine, aren't they? The ones that you see with the eye powerup? They don't appear as blue squares on the map.
Those, yeah, but what about the black squares that disappear when you walk into them? Those don't, right?

Edit: Third, in the original Knytt Stories, Juni respawns rather quickly. I kinda like the new death animation and the fact that it's slower, but, on some levels, like TrickJumps or levels that are hard to impossible, you might wanna speed up the spawn speed. Or have it be changeable in the options menu. :)
I think this is a good idea. It takes way too long for me.
:awsum:

This.
This what? This love has taken it's toll? On me?

I'll test it out now and report back.
Good. I haven't actually beaten AUA. Evar. D: