Related Topics

• 23 Replies

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: Related Topics
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 15:31:12 »
Minmay, that could've - and should have - been worded better. Things like "Don't add random extensions just for the fun of it" looks like a memo from boss to a subordinate, and that tone certainly doesn't fit the situation here. If you find it difficult to voice your opinion without using a terse, bossy tone, perhaps it may help to consider that there is a real person behind the username, and using the forum is a privilege.
The more "tactful" someone is, the less likely they are to get their point across, especially when they have to communicate in a text-only medium.  I don't particularily like that either, but it's not likely to change until language and culture change too.  Consider that if you were completely unwilling to offend me, you wouldn't have been able to bring yourself to post that.  (And I'm not saying that I'm offended here, because I'm not.)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 15:38:48 »
Well Minmay, if it helps, I completely ignored your post due to how you've written it. Context wise that is. I read it partially, skipped it and it is only because someone reported the post that I gave it second thought, and felt I should atleast point out that its rude.

On a sidenote, I'm still thinking what to do with this feature.

I can't alter it to function better so the only alternative aside of doing nothing, is to uninstall it.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 16:00:24 »
Was this post too rude for you to respond to as well?

If you don't tell us why it's handy for you, it doesn't help us.  Obviously you know of some use for it, and obviously some of us don't.  Share this use with us if you don't want us to think this is a pointless addition.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 16:43:11 »
Yeah, I'm confused- I can't think of a use for it, none of the topics are ever related at all.
The 'related topics' for this thread:
1. Music related information overload
2. Transparency related calculation I can't figure out
3. Request, Destroyed tileset, Also is there a limit on topics?
4. A small Knytt-related video

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 12:17:35 »
For now, I've deactivated the feature. Too many people seem to dislike it. I will think about this if its indeed going to be uninstalled or fixed otherwise.

Was this post too rude for you to respond to as well?

If you don't tell us why it's handy for you, it doesn't help us.  Obviously you know of some use for it, and obviously some of us don't.  Share this use with us if you don't want us to think this is a pointless addition.

I actually didn't read it. I am quite a busy person, and when I read posts, I read them quickly. Since your earlier post was offensive, I kinda skipped your entire post. (I may have read the first few words though)

When someone makes a post, I check what the search engine would give (read: related topics) sometimes someone makes a topic that already exists, and in these cases the Related Topics function does work.

Its just that the related topics wants to show info, so if no direct linkage is to be found, it will give random info back. There's no option to disable that though.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 20:56:46 »
Straight to the point and cuts the crap, a mighty fine post if you ask me.

Also, could you bring shoutbox back to life, LPChip?

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 21:08:51 »
Also, could you bring shoutbox back to life, LPChip?

Yes, I could, and No, I will not. As pointed out a few times now, we have the IRC channel for chatter and the staff doesn't have enough time to moderate a shoutbox.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 23:25:29 »
Hey, could we get the heat back? We're freezing!
You could, but no. You got jackets! We also don't have time to adjust the heat.
inb4:
But... they are all worn out... there is almost no padding left...
I said you still got your jackets! It's your own fault for wearing them out.

I'm not trying to insult, rant or blah but... yeah.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 12:42:29 »
the topic is concluded now, no need to repeat previous requests that were turned down with explanations that should just get accepted.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs: