Za Nifflas Arcade!?

• 168 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Za Nifflas Arcade!?
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2009, 17:46:14 »
As far as I know, it never was decided.

On another note, I'm currently the only one that can do this, and I don't have time for it at the moment.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2009, 17:55:16 »
We absolutely did decide to do a reset. We just didn't decide how often, so either you or Paula (don't remember) said we would have a monthly reset.

But I don't really care as I don't play it anymore.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2009, 19:16:06 »
I found a foolproof way to give yourself any score you like on any of the games a while ago. I didn't use it except to test it by giving myself one point more than I had actually scored on one of the games (then I beat that score legitimately).
When I mentioned it in #niffchat, nobody seemed very interested:
wow. I'm surprised.
Lurk more.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2009, 19:54:00 »
That's basically the general vibe, that nobody really cares/d anyways, so why bother resetting at all. I suppose.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2009, 20:00:26 »
Yeah, I share that vision.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2009, 08:36:40 »
If there would have been a monthly reset, it wouldn't have died again.
The reason I stopped playing was because there were no reset. So it just got boring.
It's not really that I don't care, but that I have lost hope.

And also, we need some new games. You should add new games once in a while, maybe with every reset at least? It can't be hard to find since that arcade on the official website has dozens.

Oh, and if you don't have time to add new games or do a reset you shouldn't be running an arcade.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:39:08 by LimeLemon »

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:35 »
A monthly reset would defeat the very point of playing in a way. It was an interest/curiosity for a while but was never going to stay so for long.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2009, 11:16:04 »
I currently don't have the time.

I have bought a house and it takes alot of effort to get things done. On top, I also have the Knytt Level archive to build which I don't even have time for at the moment either. Paula was doing most of the arcade work, but I don't think its fair to remove the arcade right now, simply because I don't have the time for it.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2009, 11:54:51 »
Oh, and if you don't have time to add new games or do a reset you shouldn't be running an arcade.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2009, 12:58:18 »
well technically it's not "run" anyways. It's there, nobody is forced to play if they don't like it, and whoever wants to, can.
I find it rather rude how you tell your opinion like it's the only right way to proceed.
It was just a test, a quick idea in the first place anyways. It didn't turn out to be hyperawesome, so what. I can't think of how it could be harmful in any way when it just stays.
Also, I said this before, it is hard to find "good" arcade games. The official website, if I recall correctly, does have "dozens", but many are buggy or stupid or both.
So yeah, overall I think you're behaving quite rude.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2009, 13:53:26 »
Yes, I read your reply the first time. Read mine again will ya!

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2009, 13:55:57 »
They have over 100 games. All can't be buggy and stupid.
Also, I think many would appreciate some of the, in your oppinion, "stupid" games.

And what about your attitude (both of you). You don't seem very motivated, not even in the beginning. And when we discussed the reset the first time it felt like you didn't listen to many of us, just ignored our comments and said your opinion was much better. You were actually very stubborn with some things. I can understand that some things are not possible to do, but... you were really stubborn and pointed out that your oppinion as the best the whole time.
One example is the multiple highscore thingy. Maybe it wasn't even possible, but LP was really stubborn with that and said it was a bad idea even though others liked it. He didn't listen, and presented his opinion like it was fact. He said he knew nothing would get better with that and people wouldn't like it, but I don't remember many complaining, but many liked that idea.
Stop thinking you know best just because you have made it and blah.

This could just be a misunderstanding on my part, but I would like this explained.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2009, 14:58:26 »
They have over 100 games. All can't be buggy and stupid.
Also, I think many would appreciate some of the, in your oppinion, "stupid" games.

And what about your attitude (both of you). You don't seem very motivated, not even in the beginning. And when we discussed the reset the first time it felt like you didn't listen to many of us, just ignored our comments and said your opinion was much better. You were actually very stubborn with some things. I can understand that some things are not possible to do, but... you were really stubborn and pointed out that your oppinion as the best the whole time.
One example is the multiple highscore thingy. Maybe it wasn't even possible, but LP was really stubborn with that and said it was a bad idea even though others liked it. He didn't listen, and presented his opinion like it was fact. He said he knew nothing would get better with that and people wouldn't like it, but I don't remember many complaining, but many liked that idea.
Stop thinking you know best just because you have made it and blah.

This could just be a misunderstanding on my part, but I would like this explained.

Please get your information straight before starting accusations. I have set more highscores as a temporary solution, and people really disliked it (2 scores at the same time for a game) you amongst others.

I can't set a personal score off-screen and one score for that game with a montly reset unless I put waaaaaaaaaaaay more time in the project than I want or have. So I didn't said that its not possible, I said that its time consuming. The not possible aspect is to integrate a second-sub scoring system into the games, so it would be off-screen somewhere.

But really LimeLemon, your tone is starting to get on many people's nerves. Not just mine.

But I guess that a discussion at this point about how "bad" we do our job is really pointless. I have no time and a discussion like this is not gonna change that. I can remove the arcade, but I see no reason in doing that either.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2009, 15:24:35 »
Quote from: PM
Whats the matter?
« Sent to: LimeLemon on: Today at 15:07:47 »

Hey LimeLemon,

I noticed that you're really on edge latelly. Not just the topic about the arcade, but almost everywhere.

I get alot of feedback that people don't like it. They consider you rude and careless.

I could even stretch it to the rules for not respecting others, but that won't do anything either.

If you have something on your mind that you need to get of your chest, feel free to reply to me expressing your issue. Otherwise I'd like to ask you to take it easy.

If you really can't take it easy, perhaps you should take a short break from the forum.

Yours,

LPChip
Well... that is true. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I have been like that (on the forum) since my flipout in Mafia 4. I just got really mad at how Lunar where and decide to be the exact opposite. I wanted to be more like Salmoneous, he is very straigth forward and don't give a shit about what people think about it.
Well... blahness. I will continue this shit when I come home.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2009, 15:32:22 »
There's a difference between speaking whats on your mind, and just being plain rude.

But for your own sake, its better to talk about this in private.

MODPlug Central Forum