Permissions Sought for Minor Tileset Edits

• 3 Replies

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
Permissions Sought for Minor Tileset Edits
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:34:45 »
Ok, I've made a log of every single tileset that I've altered, however trivially. I'm not sure how something like lightening/darkening a whole tileset would be percieved, or edits that are done to make the most of the 2 tileset per room limitation, but I'm listing everything.

Reading this may be a slight spoiler, though only in a very minor and forgettable way. I'd put spoiler tags on but I can't find them... If you want to avoid spoilers, please skip down to the "Author summary" list to see if you're one of the people I need permission from.

----------------------------------------------------------

Edits made in detail:

11 - Not Quite Dr's Underwater Lab - Nifflas - Vertical laser shooters added

16 - Brown House - Meppo - Furniture added, wallpaper added, 'Training Area' sign

37 - Moines - Yann 'Nurykabe' van der Cruyssen - More 'grey cement' tiles added

38 - Ramoneur - Yann 'Nurykabe' van der Cruyssen - Laser shooters added, spikes added, lava tile added (for layering purposes)

48 - Factory Converted by X_Sheep - Nifflas - Added mesh fence and futuristic looking pipes inspired by 'An Underwater Adventure'

50 - Rough Sea Landspace - Fredrik Andersson - Tileset UNchanged, trees converted to animated CO's

51 - WADF2 Practice by X_Sheep - Nifflas - Lava and water tiles added (for layering)

85 - etc - Not Quite Underwater Lab - Nifflas - Several copies made and darkened for lighting

107 - The Temple - Paul 'Ripen' Naurmowicz - depressed pressure plate added (modified floor tile)

122 - Strange Dream Science Facility - Sara Sandberg - Darkened copies of background tile for lighting effects. 'Light shining upwards' tiles copied and flipped, to create light tiles for the striplights

150 - Strange Dream 'The Manor' - Sara Sandberg - Glowing potion copied and colour changed. Striped background copied and colour changed. 'Stop Cock' sign tile added, and wall with ladder detail. Wrote 'Hello Mum' in unused tiles

151 - Strange Dream 'Ghost Town' - Sara Sandberg - Added extra chain tiles, drew in small 2x2 trees

153 - Strange Dream Well - Sara Sandberg - Added crude wall paintings

155 - Nowhere - Richard 'Arcturus' Dunn - Added weird hands to clock face. Created sewage pipe interior by manipulating an existing tile, created 1/2 tile wide channel in grey ground texture. Created tiled wall from the little 1/4 tile edge tiles of the red brick section.

163 - Wooden Blocks - Theo 'Theox' Swartz - Darkened, for lighing effect

246 - Strange Dream 'Cloud Buildings' - Sara Sandberg - Drew bridge tiles in spare space

250 - Strange Dream 'Dark Blue Forest' - Sara Sandberg - Added the red hot glowing tiles from Knytt

251 - Strange Dream 'Forest Village' - Sara Sandberg - Added extra buildings, clothes line with clothes, dirt hanging from celing, cracked floors

----------------------------------------------------------

Author Summary:

Nifflas - Not Quite Underwater Lab, Factory, WADF2 Practice

Sara Sandberg / Nifflas - Strange Dream Science Facility, SD The Manor, SD Ghost Town, SD Well, SD Cloud Buildings, SD Dark Blue Forest, SD Forest Village

Meppo - Brown House

Yann 'Nurykabe' van der Cruyssen - Moines, Ramoneur

Frederik Andersson - Rough Sea Landscape (trees converted to animated COs)

Paul 'Ripen' Naurmowicz - The Temple

Richard 'Arcturus' Dunn - Nowhere

Theo 'Theox' Swartz - Wooden Blocks (darkened whole set)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Permissions Sought for Minor Tileset Edits
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 15:24:25 »
it's kind of not exactly official, but the initial "NO edits without asking" was a bit toned down, I think, because some original tileset creators just left. So the general advice changed to "do try to contact everyone, but if you can't find someone, and only made minor edits/additions, make at least sure you give really decent credit."
or something.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 20:49:12 »
I'll follow that course of action. I'm sure nobody would want to shut down my project just because I massaged some of the parts a bit to make them fit together better - but I will give all of the authors that chance, and remove their stuff if they're offended or their interests harmed by what I've done.

Incidentally, I have a few tilesets I want to submit myself, where do I put them? In a forum attatchment?

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 21:16:42 »
I don't know if this is really going to happen or not, but I heard the new KnyttLevels archive in the works will also let people upload public use tilesets.

I'd say the Development Showcase board is for now the ideal place to share tilesets. You can either attach them to a your post or upload them to an image hosting site and embed them with [img] tags.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!