Running point 3D

• 8 Replies

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
Running point 3D
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:17:20 »
About a month ago, while learning the parts of the level editor, I Came up with a great idea.
What If we had Isometric games (like some recent ones), but have shifts between running points at crossroads?

so, I came up with this extremely simple concept, which changes the point of isometric "road" to create a better 3d illusion.
If you don't get me, just download this thing XD

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Re: Running point 3D
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:29:54 »
The effect is good, but why is this in preview? Do you intend to expand on the concept?

Check out my tilesets!

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:35:30 »
*Points to Boot Stamping on a Knytt Face Forever*
For quite some time now, I've been designing BSoaKFF with this feature, the only difference is instead that BSoaKFF uses the horizontal 2D plane, instead of attempting pseudo-3D as you have. If what I said doesn't make since, just view these two screenshots found in the BSoaKFF topic's main post.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

When you press down where the road crosses the road you are on, it switches the camera's perspective around you to face a different direction.

Now of course the isometric angle gives it a nice touch, but we have the same basic concept, just with a different 4th wall perspective.

I think this could look really interesting  if you keep it up, and I hope to see more of this later on.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45:25 »
I do intend to work on it, thanks 8)

Offline KM-NAD

• Ooh... pretty lights. This abyss isn't so bad...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 17:40:18 »
I could say I'm interested but I'm really not because I just previewed "3d" level which also uses isometric view, sorry.
But you do have the effect done pretty well. I don't know why those lines are in the middle of the road-maybe it's to indicate which one you're on or maybe it's just the result of an early level. Anyways, just get rid of them and everything will be perfect, in my opinion. Good luck!
If, when you see a wall, you spot a small, white, humanoid thing climbing up it, then you've been playing too much knytt. If, when you see a wall, your first thought is to climb it, then you've really been playing too much knytt. Apparantly this happened to a friend of mine. Never heard from him since.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 17:45:09 »
Hahah I just made a isometric level last night!  :whoa: I bet yours is better though, I'll check it out.  ;)
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAAAAAACBgIAAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 19:00:24 »
Very impressive, mine is just a passive little town, yours is more of a prototype but its outstanding for what it is. I'de like to see more.  C)p
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAAAAAACBgIAAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:25:39 »
I can't allow posting levels in the Knytt Stories Level Previews forum, cus people are posting beta versions of their full versions, and thats against the rule. I do think however that we can move this to the main Knytt Stories board to present an idea rather than showcasing your level. Currently the post contains an idea and it has been worked out. I'm okay with that, so I'm moving this to the Knytt Stories forum. Do note that if you want to showcase this level as a level, you can only use text and images, or when its finished, post the level entirelly.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:09:24 »
that's OK, It is really in the stages of concept at the moment. But I do intend to advance it soon.