Mafia 8- Day 2

• 194 Replies

Offline Budja

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 8- Day 2
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2010, 08:50:03 »
Quote from: Limelemon
I actually think they should, since they voted for inactivity, but she is now active.

^This is what you said.
I later constructed another case on Theiza not based on this.

@Limelemon, what part of my case did you disagree with?
@Kaizo, go on then :P.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2010, 08:55:09 »
vote: Kaizoman, for consistently weak posting.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 8- Day 1
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2010, 18:09:58 »
I doubt I'll be able to make any significant post for at least 24 hours. This one is rather hastily written too.
A tilde implies uncertainty (in this case, due to not rereading the post). Sorry if my memory messes up.

He got the wagon rolling
~Didn't I vote for theiza first?
Anyway, the wagon wasn't really a random let's vote just for voting crazy wagon. Some votes on theiza were at least somewhat calculated. Although Peppy was totally random and Data's was probably more spontaneous than well-thought out.

and refused to stop it even after I told him to.
~You never actually made a strong series of posts against the lynch of theiza.
Just because you told Budja to stop means nothing. The fact that you diugfhfg

He also had no good reason.
This is very disputable.

I asked the mod if there was, in the end, a SK about. There isn't. (Was this mentioned?)

i appear to not be doing any of those things... including finding scum... because clearly after the holidays i had to start defending myself
That doesn't prohibit scum-finding at all.
I vote: theiza27.
~Razzor didn't actually clear up exactly why he voted Theiza.
His quote of Theiza is a scum (or, with hindsight, a naive newbie) tell. A vote of such gravitas (albeit perceived gravitas) should be justified extensively should it not Razzor?

Also I'd very much like to hear Kaizo's response to Budja. I think this same issue was brought up D1. Maybe a glance at the older posts could be useful to fully examine and rebut this evidence Kaizo?

Another interesting question to anyone interested in answering would be if a the default tactic of inactive lynch would be a good idea D2 as well?

And Peppy, was 'getting through the day' worth you voting? Would you rather have waited a little, reexamined Theiza or do you stand by your then opinion?

I think.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2010, 18:55:09 »
I doubt I'll be able to make any significant post for at least 24 hours.
48 hours.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2010, 20:05:05 »
He got the wagon rolling
~Didn't I vote for theiza first?
Anyway, the wagon wasn't really a random let's vote just for voting crazy wagon. Some votes on theiza were at least somewhat calculated. Although Peppy was totally random and Data's was probably more spontaneous than well-thought out.
You voted first, yes, but Budja was the one who went all OMG THEIZA INACTIVE STOP LURKING OR DIE OH NOW UR ACTIVE BUT I WONT CHANGE MY VOTE ANYWAY CUZ YOU ARE SCUMMY SCUM GO DIE EVERYONE VOTE THEIZA WE HAVE OBV-SCUM HURRRRRRRR

In other words, he just kept running over theiza for no reason and thought she was scummy for the slightest little things.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 20:10:20 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2010, 20:46:32 »
i appear to not be doing any of those things... including finding scum... because clearly after the holidays i had to start defending myself
That doesn't prohibit scum-finding at all.
I vote: theiza27.
~Razzor didn't actually clear up exactly why he voted Theiza.
His quote of Theiza is a scum (or, with hindsight, a naive newbie) tell. A vote of such gravitas (albeit perceived gravitas) should be justified extensively should it not Razzor?

So, do you want me to explain my vote, or why I didn't? Nevermind. I'll just do both.
I didn't really think thezia was likely to be mafia until she posted that quote. Beyond that, she just didn't look like she was going to be a very helpful townie.
I hadn't checked the vote count yet, so I didn't think we were in L-1. To me, it was a relatively simple vote, so I didn't feel like explaining it further than that.

In other words, he just kept running over theiza for no reason and thought she was scummy for the slightest little things.
Asking questions is how you find scum. You can't expect people not to do it. None of budja's questions were unreasonable either, so how did you know that thezia was town?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2010, 22:23:01 »
vote: Kaizoman, for consistently weak posting.
Well, other people keep noticing scummy things before I do. It'd be kind of pointless to restate a suspicion that someone else pointed out a couple posts earlier. Also, some of my 'weak' posts were responses to other suspicions and reminders for people (like your "L-1" post).
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2010, 01:42:32 »
Alright, you can also post things like:
I agree/disagree with person X.
This is a good/bad post.

The posts you make which consist of things like:
"Wow, Day 1 went for so long", "Let's scumhunt"
show no opinion and feel rather flat.

Also you can expand on things other people pick up.

---
Basically you have been "active lurking", posting but not posting useful content.

---

@LL, that contradiction of hers was a strong scum-tell. Also, the "slight things" were the scummiest in the game. Also, you haven't really answered my question. What attack was bad?

Razz's reason for voting isn't good but actually feels town :P.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2010, 04:07:03 »
@LL, that contradiction of hers was a strong scum-tell. Also, the "slight things" were the scummiest in the game. Also, you haven't really answered my question. What attack was bad?
Like, all of them. How you just went all OMG on her and forgot about everyone else, and you were pretty aggressive. I didn't find theiza scummy at all, but I think you are.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2010, 04:58:00 »
Aggressiveness is not scummy.
I didn't forget everyone else. Read my posts.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2010, 16:09:59 »
It felt like that.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2010, 21:53:28 »
Basically you have been "active lurking", posting but not posting useful content.
Word.
But what does the town have to say on this accusation against Kaizo?

Razz's reason for voting isn't good but actually feels town :P.
It 'feels' town? What makes you say that? What town-tell are you picking up from Razzor?

@LL:
Asking questions is how you find scum. You can't expect people not to do it. None of budja's questions were unreasonable either, so how did you know that thezia was town?

What attack was bad?
Like, all of them. How you just went all OMG on her and forgot about everyone else, and you were pretty aggressive. I didn't find theiza scummy at all, but I think you are.

It seems to me, LL, that your attacks on Budja now pretty much are the same as the ones you describe Budja of mounting against Theiza.
You are going all OMG on him, and for a feeling.

It felt like that.

Another interesting question to anyone interested in answering would be if a the default tactic of inactive lynch would be a good idea D2 as well?
Mochaalatte and Peppy really need to get in here. They would do good to comment at least briefly on the more general current issues before posting new comments and insights.
Peppy

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2010, 05:32:50 »
Sorry people.. School and such..blah blah.

Anyways, yeah. I'm still keeping up my guard on Peppy because of the whole Peppy/Kaizo Budja/Peppy thing I went on about during D1; I'll save my vote for the moment, however.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2010, 05:34:55 »
(continuing from above)

I know the school thing is pretty much a quarter of a reasonable defense; if it gets too bad then I'll let you guys know.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2010, 12:11:42 »
@Lunar, transparency, feels sincere.