The Manor House (Small/Enviromental)

• 7 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
The Manor House (Small/Enviromental)
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:22:13 »
I made this level both for Knytt of the Month Klub and the current Level Competition (Theme: Real Life). Unfortunately it went overtime for Knytt of the Month Klub. Shouldn't be late for the level competition, though.

Anyway, it's a game where you visit some of Juni's friends. There's no real goal and it's pretty short, so it shouldn't take long to play. About 5-10 minutes to see everything, I think. You can get it here or here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:40:50 by Healy »

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: The Manor House (Small/Enviromental)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 18:27:34 »
It's nice, but it felt rather short, even for a small level... there's little to explore. It would be a lot cooler if you could explore the outside (a garden or something). Also:

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I liked the dialogue, though. It was funny.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:05:58 »
I'm not sure if I agree with your spoiler, VG, but I definitely feel like I could have done parts of this level better. Also the reason it is so small is because the shifts took me a lot of time to set up so I didn't want to make more of the house than I felt I had to. I'm glad you enjoyed the dialogue. Thanks for playing and reviewing my level!

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 13:27:31 »
Yeah, I know your pain. My new level also takes place inside of a building and it uses a ton of shifts. It's quite tiresome, specially on puzzle rooms. The irony is, I started that level because I thought it would be quicker and easier to make than the other project I had in mind. Boy, was I wrong... :P

As for the guest room...

Some KS levels by me:

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 16:10:38 »
Nice little level. I loved
Still, I felt like it could use more detail, e.g. what VG suggested about a garden outside, or maybe some pets like a bird or a dog... you know? The library could have some books like you did in A Day at the Beach... etc. I realize that it had to meet a deadline, but nothing's stopping you from releasing an extended post-competition version later, hm?  ;)  :crazy:

Offline TheYeIIowDucK

• The number you have dialed is no longer in service
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 19:48:05 »
Feels too small. Maybe a little backyard and the streets outside the house? I would really enjoy a level where you visit your friend at night.

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 16:37:18 »
Yeah, I got that Small feeling, too.  Would not have done any harm to show the walk up to the manor.

I just craved more, ya know?
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 07:26:26 »
Yeah, looking back at this level, it definitely feels a little short. I don't think I'll be releasing a post-competition version or anything, but I'll keep your comments in mind the next time I do a level set mostly indoors.