Zipped KS levels?

• 8 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Zipped KS levels?
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:00:14 »
As you may know (or not) my laptop broke and I'm stuck with my grandfather-in-law's desktop computer. I don't want to download anything to this 'cause he'd get mad if I do. On the other hand, I'm getting increasingly bored without The Sims 3 to occupy me (ADD much?).
I do, however, have KSDS, but all I have is The Machine, An Underwater Adventure, Hypoxia, and Don't Eat the Mushroom (sans music, 'cause the file's too big). I've beaten them all and gotten bored. There's a few levels I'd really like to have on KSDS, but I can't get them into the folder format, just .knytt.bin, which (to my knowledge) KSDS can't read. So, if any kind soul would like a :hiddenstar:, can someone please help?
In short, I need a zipped folder of the following levels with all the .OGGs converted to .MP3s (the smaller the size, the better).

-The Great Race by B-Man
-Ascension by Farik
-Badly Built Level by Headgrinder
-Any other level you'd like to advertise to me.

Please, please, please, help me cure my ADD! D:
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Re: Zipped KS levels?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:55 »
I believe I have all those levels. Gimme a sec to convert and zip everything.

"Badly Built Level" by Headgrinder
"Ascension" by Farik
"The Great Race" by B-Man
P.S. A lot of quality was lost for the sake of file size.
P.P.S. Brent - Brent Land is "The Great Race."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:07:21 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28:51 »
I believe I have all those levels. Gimme a sec to convert and zip everything.

"Badly Built Level" by Headgrinder
"Ascension" by Farik
"The Great Race" by B-Man
P.S. A lot of quality was lost for the sake of file size.
P.P.S. Brent - Brent Land is "The Great Race."
:D YAYZ! *hands Purple a :hiddenstar:* Thank you!!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:34:26 »
You might want to consider buying an usb flashdrive. If you unzip knytt stories on it, the game will not change your grandfather's computer in any way, and you can even use it to create levels for your ds. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:00:25 »
You might want to consider buying an usb flashdrive. If you unzip knytt stories on it, the game will not change your grandfather's computer in any way, and you can even use it to create levels for your ds. :)
....!!! :U YER A GEENYUS! In fact, my R4 I use to run KSDS uses an SD card I can use! *facepalms* You, too, deserve a :hiddenstar:. :D

Offline vivlo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 23:49:35 »
Hello knytters,
I just wanted to say that, as I'm a mac user loving Knytt and able to play it exclusively on ds, I am very grateful to those already-uncompressed-extra-levels from PurplePineapple :^^:
and... that's just it. good night.

Offline stag

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:48 »
I cannot extract Version 1.2.1 after downloading it. It says the file is damaged, could anyone please give me link to an unzipped Version 1.2.1?

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 06:37:52 »
Eh...try downloading it again? There isn't a way to really get the newest version of Knytt Stories without it being zipped in some form, and I wouldn't personally rely on download links other than the official one on the nifflas site, which is this one here. (also you probably should have made another topic since this one isn't quite the same thing)

If you are getting an error still, it could depend on your browser, I know for a fact that (at least older versions) of Internet Explorer corrupts downloads by not downloading them fully or something.

If the file has a password and your unzipping program is not up to par, I guess it could say it's corrupt as well, but I haven't had that problem... :/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:40:02 by BloxMaster »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 18:55:05 »

Hey... I can use this on other people's computers without giving them the worry of viruses. Thanks for the tip C)