Need help to create a level

• 9 Replies

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
Need help to create a level
« on: June 08, 2009, 19:26:19 »
I have a really good idea for a puzzle/challenge/exploration based level which will be absolutely awesome. However I don't think I have the commitment not the experience at level design to make it by myself.

I would love someone to make this level with me - someone who preferably has experience designing puzzle levels and using shifts and flags (I have no idea how to use them :S). And also someone who can make tilesets would be good (the same person or another).

I can't reveal much about the level other than the type because it's very story driven and I don't want to spoil it, so if you'd like to make it with me post here or PM me and I'll PM you the story.
I will map the areas, help a bit with the level design and maybe some of the graphics. I'll also do the cutscenes, maybe some music and of course write the story (which I've already outlined).
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: Need help to create a level
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 21:45:02 »
LPchip

Nah, he's too busy.

Try Dandylion or strangedarkness

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:37:51 »
I don't think very many people relish the idea of making an entire level using someone else's ideas.  You can hardly expect people to rush up at the chance to do the grunt work and let you take credit for "taking part" in it.  Stories and ideas are everywhere.
Sorry if I sound too harsh, but...did you really think this through?

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 17:24:38 »
Sure, but there's plenty of room for other people's ideas in my design. I wouldn't count what I need "grunt work". I just think if it's only me working on a level I wouldn't have the commitment to finish it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 17:27:07 by Feline Monstrosity »
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:30:34 »
It certainly depends on what type of level it is, but I'd be interested in helping. I can't do tilesets, though :sick:

EDIT: By that I mean I can't draw tilesets. I can use tilesets fine.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:45:27 by Gorfinhofin »

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 05:59:22 »
Let me see.. I can do shifts and flags. Puzzle levels are fine with me, but they vary greatly. I'm not sure about tilesets. I can do ground and background pretty well, but get stuck with the rest of the filler.
Lurk more.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 13:17:56 »
I can't make layer 1-2 backgronds D:

Alot of tilesets don't match DX

Except for Ms. Paula's all of the tilesets she makes matches...weird isnt it?

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 17:42:11 »
OK. I've never designed a puzzle or challenge level (this will be both) so your skills are much appreciated. Any special graphics needed I could maybe make myself. What I have is a basic plot and level format. I'll PM it to Purple Pineapple and Gorfinhofin.
 8)
Glad to see people are interested! What minmay said is right, ideas are a dime a dozen.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 05:08:26 »
i may be able to make tilesets

( dont depend on me too much i tend to drift off on other projects XD) just send me a PM of the tileset theme :P2

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 18:14:59 »
I can start thinking about graphics when the level is fully planned and definitely going to be made.