[Challenge/Maze] Mazelenge

• 5 Replies

Offline saba

• View Profile
[Challenge/Maze] Mazelenge
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:11:49 »
Hey there. This level is a little old, but since there's not so much going on here, I thought I'd just throw it out there. Not sure why I didn't when I first made it. It has been on knyttlevels.com since then, so some of you might have played it already.

As you can gather from the name  ;), it's both a challenge and a maze, a mazelenge!

But it is not both at the same time. One part is challenge, the other is maze. The challenge takes place in inverted parts of the maze, which means that what was solid in the maze, is free space in the challenge and vice versa  :).

You get to choose which one you would like to do first.

If you choose the maze first, the challenge part will be easier, if you choose challenge first, the maze will be easier.

There are two different endings, depending on which you chose first. Also, please don't take the ending too seriously  ;).

The author name is 'lamb' (that's a lower case L), just so you don't have to search for it.

Here's the link: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/lamb%20-%20Mazelenge.knytt.bin

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: [Challenge/Maze] Mazelenge
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 17:38:29 »
This was fun! Chose challenge first,
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Tried replaying, chose maze first and got lost rather quickly. Also, I liked the challenge part atmosphere a lot, and it was pretty... Whereas the bright pink maze kind of didn't gel with the music. And the blue bouncers were beautifully realized, very nice dialogue throughout.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 17:40:09 by yohji »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 20:47:32 »
+1 :) Had some fun too. Maze graphics are the weakest thing in the level.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 14:35:20 »
This is a nice level. Played through it both ways. I was quite confused and frustrated by a bug at the beginning where you can miss the shift spots. Be sure to use square shifts and shift-on-touch.

Offline saba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 00:13:20 »
This is a nice level. Played through it both ways. I was quite confused and frustrated by a bug at the beginning where you can miss the shift spots. Be sure to use square shifts and shift-on-touch.

Yes, I'm aware of it. Basically when you jump exactly in the middle of the two shift squares, there is a chance that you will fall through. I'm not sure why it happens. I tried to fix it, but I didn't really know how to do it.

Also, thanks for playing everyone, and I will probably change the maze sometime in the future, just so that it isn't bright pink anymore (what the hell was I thinking when I made this?  X)).

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 00:53:20 »
Add this code to the start screen:
ShiftType(A)=1
ShiftType(B)=1
It will change the shift shape to the floor type. The floor type shift is a short box that crosses the entire bottom of the tile.