[Challenge][Hard] Flibbertigibbit - Rescue Your True Love

• 19 Replies
Hi guys!
First time posting, and my first level... you can see that I got a bit better by the end.

Was hoping for some constructive criticism. I think I did okay, but by the end sometimes I'm not sure if I've left out some text or forgotten a dead end or something.

So, play, have fun and let me know what you think!!

Edit: Fixed glitch/wallswim in palace area. Also, modified so if you didn't get one of the keys before the end, you can go back.

http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Ribbit%20-%20Flibbertigibbit%20final.knytt.bin
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:53:27 by clumsyninja »

Re: [Challenge][Hard] Flibbertigibbit - Rescue Your True Love
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 06:05:21 »
Oh, also, I think I've categorized it as Challenge, Hard and Medium-sized. If you think those are off, let me know and I'll change them!

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:25:10 »
Still playing. Nice level. Thus far:

Probably Normal difficulty. 'kay. Now it's looking hard.
Can get stuck if you go over to the old man instead of falling in the hole.
Wallswim

Third edit: Aww. Such a happy ending.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:43:59 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:02:44 »
Where you go over to the old man, on that screen, there's a slightly raised area on the left. If you jump from there, left, you can get back up to where you need to be.

Should I change that for convenience sake?

Also, glad you liked it!

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 15:09:25 »
Just finished. Really good level for your first time around. Better than most first levels. Not boring...just enough back tracking here and there to make it a bit puzzly, decorated nicely and there's a simple but coherent storyline.
I didn't find any glitches. However, I thought it was normal instead of hard.
Pat on the back!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 17:09:04 »
Where you go over to the old man, on that screen, there's a slightly raised area on the left. If you jump from there, left, you can get back up to where you need to be.
I fail. XD
However, I thought it was normal instead of hard.
It's normal for the most part with one or two hard sections.
Lurk more.

Offline drwright

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 21:38:49 »
Very nice level. Thank you for your work. I hope to see more from you.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:56:47 »
rescuing my true love

*brb*

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 02:26:07 »
Fun level so far. Good for a first. However, I can't seem to jump to the guy on the island. I have umbrella, highjump, double jump, all the things that make me jump better, but I always fall several tiles short. Am I jumping from the wrong spot or what?

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:26:47 »
Am I jumping from the wrong spot or what?
Yes.
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 02:43:51 »
I'm not trying from the beach, I'm trying from the ledge to the left of the starting point. I still land 5 or 6 tiles short.

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 02:50:55 »
I'm not trying from the beach, I'm trying from the ledge to the left of the starting point. I still land 5 or 6 tiles short.

Are you making sure you don't have the umbrella open when you take the first leap? Jump, then at the height of your jump, open the umbrella.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 03:05:53 »
I jump, and at the height of the jump double jump. At the height of that jump I open the umbrella. I miss by about 5 tiles, way to much for it to have been a small error. Also, jumping over the water to get to that ledge was so hard I would call it lunatic. You really need to make that easier, it's so hard it isn't any fun.

Check out my tilesets!

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 05:01:05 »
I jump, and at the height of the jump double jump. At the height of that jump I open the umbrella. I miss by about 5 tiles, way to much for it to have been a small error. Also, jumping over the water to get to that ledge was so hard I would call it lunatic. You really need to make that easier, it's so hard it isn't any fun.

Hm..  the only way I can recreate what I think you might be doing is to stop holding the jump button on the way down... After you've opened the umbrella, don't stop holding the jump button - you won't be able to go as far that way.

If it's not that, then... I have no idea what else to suggest!

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 06:24:59 »
Also, jumping over the water to get to that ledge was so hard I would call it lunatic. You really need to make that easier, it's so hard it isn't any fun.
That's at most a hard jump. Also, I can go nearly three squares past the island on my best jump, so don't go calling it too hard.
Lurk more.