[hard][challenge] Adventures in the void v5.5 (final)

• 38 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [hard][challenge] Adventures in the void v5.4 (final)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 13:48:54 »
Guys, please read the Official Forum Rules.
  • Don't do back-seat moderating. If you see that someone has done something that you think is against the rules, please use the "Report to moderator"-button. Sometimes people can sound somewhat unfriendly when they tell others what not to do and sometimes they're wrong. A moderator will look into it and make a decision.
Thank you.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 18:45:32 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil........ (click to show/hide)

Well how should I know?
Spoiler: multiple endings (click to show/hide)

@@LPchip, what about backseat-administrating?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 18:49:00 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil........ (click to show/hide)
@@LPchip, what about backseat-administrating?

There's no such thing as backseat administrating. An adminstrator also performs moderator tasks, so its called backseat-moderating.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 20:01:40 »
Back on topic now, this level really got better. The graphics are more graphical and there isn't so much void. If there's one thing I'd have to critisize, it would be those two "muahahahaha" savepoints. I had to delete my save slot twice because of them.

Also, there's a void in the void and another to the right. Well... a wallswim anyway.
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 21:52:44 »
Guys, please read the Official Forum Rules.
  • Don't do back-seat moderating. If you see that someone has done something that you think is against the rules, please use the "Report to moderator"-button. Sometimes people can sound somewhat unfriendly when they tell others what not to do and sometimes they're wrong. A moderator will look into it and make a decision.
Thank you.
*headdesk* Yeah, sorry. :oops: But it wasn't really against the rules, just something that needed spoiler tags. The double posting might be against the rules, but I don't think so...Anyway, let the on-topic discussion continue.

@ Purple: LOL! X) A void in, "Adventures in the Void?"
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 08:21:49 »
Also, if you look quite hard, one of the "void"s written in the background has a typo ... it says "Vod" ... loool. And can u guys please stop quote-quoting (I just made that up, maybe it should be added in the rules), all you have to do is copy and paste the quote and put acknowledgement in.
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline koromi

• ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    • View Profile
    • livejournal
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:31 »

realized

maybe he doesn't live in america.

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 10:38:54 »
Rats, I trawled through the bickering only to find koromi beat me to it! Look at clockwork lemon's profile and you'll see he isn't American and therefore, spells some words differently. He also seems to be a fan of txt spk, which is brave, if nothing else.

Anyway, I'll give this level a try as it seems there hasn't actually been much real commentary or criticism on the level.

EDIT: Actually it seems I've already got version 4.2 installed. I enjoyed that version - the shift-maze area was the only area that kind of let it down. Playing through version 5.4, I can see some improvements, although the beginning of the 'Main' area still seems a bit messy with the signs and shift: it seems that Juni shifts to between the two signs, but sign A (the left one) should be seen first, then the right sign seen second. As the general flow is to the right, the sign order is a bit messy. That description was a bit convoluted - does that make sense?

It could be fixed by either moving sign A to be where Juni shifts to (the centre), or to move the shift destination to be where sign A is. I've attached a screenie to clarify (hope it's not considered spoileresque). Also note, there is too much text for sign A.

Overall, though, a pretty good level, especially for a first!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 13:08:34 by utherdoul »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 04:17:24 »
 :sad: whoops, didn't realise. Ill add it to the "to do" list in my first post (v5.5)
YOU LIKED V4.2????????? lol i reakoned it was pretty s*** but... whatevr
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 16:28:24 »
I must say it was enjoyable even though the final "mission" wasn't so fun. Choosing randomly between two teleporters isn't very novel. The void area could be built on immensely, with all kinds of strangeties in the tilesets and cetera, but you went more for a dull and samey look.
On the plus side, I liked the "hub" idea, even though it could have been embellished more with random stuff. I also enjoyed the two first missions.

Akk ub akk, a quite good level, tyn.

:olutt:
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline special_d

• View Profile
Re: [hard][challenge] Adventures in the void v5.5 (final)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 09:05:59 »
Oh. my. god.

This level is absolutely brilliant. And hard! This coming from a person who's beaten all the Very Hard levels...

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 17:34:18 »
And hard! This coming from a person who's beaten all the Very Hard levels...
Same here, but I don't find this level to hard. The difficulty is hard, but the level isn't... well, you get what I'm saying.
Lurk more.

Offline farik

• let's make some $
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 20:53:34 »
pretty cool, a little confusing in parts, but i liked it.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 21:36:33 »
This level is okay. I never got the plot, though. The "mission select" thing didn't really make sense, and seemed like an excuse to cobble together a couple of unrelated challenges. The level design is competent but bland. I really, really hated the teleport maze part. It's only possible to get past by trial and error, and even if you do get past without getting all the symbols and their order, you have to do it again.

In all, an average level.

Also, I found a wallswim. (See attachment.)

Oh. my. god.

This level is absolutely brilliant. And hard! This coming from a person who's beaten all the Very Hard levels...

I really hope this is sarcasm. This level's difficulty is a low hard/high normal.
good bye

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 07:52:35 »
in responce to the maze, look at my first post

And yes, This was a [maybe not so] excellent way to cobble some of my wako ideas....

Glad u guys like it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:27:17 by a clockwork lemon »