[Misc]The Fish of Life

• 19 Replies
[Misc]The Fish of Life
« on: February 27, 2010, 20:03:58 »
Yes I know the name is silly but it's supposed to be like that!  :crazy:
So, lately I've been working quite alot an an environmental slightly challenging level.
A bit more than 150 screens in now and I'm getting close to the end!
The story is that Junis little brother is very sick and Juni needs to find the the fish of life. He's somekind of god and the only one who can cure her little brother.
Here are some screenshots :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 22:53:50 by cheesecakeFTW »

Re: [Environmental]The Fish of Life
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 20:46:56 »
You had me at the name.. and the screenshots. It looks like it's going to be a great level.
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 21:05:57 »

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 21:09:20 »
btw it's my first KS level..

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 21:38:48 »
You're welcome. Btw, there's a button.
Lurk more.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 22:05:49 »
It can't be environmental if it has challenges, and you can't use ASD tilesets without permission.

Looks good though.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 22:18:43 »
Didn't think of the modify button  X)
Anyway, I heard that I can't right [Environmental][Challenge] so i put [Environmental] because it's not really challenge, just some enemies here and there.. Also I'm new here.. ASD tilesets? The only tilesets I use that weren't there from the beginning are some from Falling Water by Hmpf. I asked her and she said they were all public except one that i'm not using :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 00:56:50 by cheesecakeFTW »

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 22:32:01 »
I didn't even notice there were ASD in the third screenie! Wait.. are there?
Lurk more.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 22:38:00 »
Didn't think of the modify button  X)
Anyway, I heard that I can't right [Environmental][Challenge] so i put [Environmental] because it's not really challenge, just some enemies here and there..
Doesn't really matter. You can't have enemies in an environmental level, unless they can't kill you. If they can, then its a challenge level, even if it isn't any actual challenge getting past them. Its silly, but that's the rule.

You could always tag it [misc] though. ;)
Also, you really need to play the KS expansion pack.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 22:40:17 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 22:46:00 »
The tileset in your third screen is from A Strange Dream.  It's attached to this post.  Please note how it says that you can't use it.  So don't.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 22:52:28 »
Ok thank you guys, I have played the expansion pack :D So I guess I'll change to [misc] and take away that beautiful screen with the "A Strange Dream" tileset   :sad: :(  
Here are 2 more screenshots :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 23:57:58 by cheesecakeFTW »

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Re: [Misc]The Fish of Life
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 00:20:01 »
Screenshot 5 is amazing. I may have to steal that 'multiple long, low islands in a trench of low, overflowing water' look for a screen or two somewhere in Falling Water, if you don't mind.

Because it's just that awesome.

I'd be using very different tileset combinations in FW, so it wouldn't really be very similar. Just the general idea would be the same/similar...

Also, why do levels in which Juni has to save a little brother always have titles that sound like they're references to Jesus? ;-) Seriously, it's beginning to get a bit odd. There's Razzorman's "The Father's Son", and now this here, "The Fish of Life", which sounds like a reference to the ancient 'ICHTYS' (sp?) acronym.

(Fun, irrelevant fact about Hmpf: I'm not at all religious nowadays, but I went through a religious phase in my youth. Also, the bible is kind of fascinating if you read it as an early work of fantastic fiction. - No offence intended to anyone here who may be religious.)

Oh, and also, cheesecakeFTW: I'm not a guy. ;-)

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 00:28:25 »
Screenshot 5 is amazing. I may have to steal that 'multiple long, low islands in a trench of low, overflowing water' look for a screen or two somewhere in Falling Water, if you don't mind.

Because it's just that awesome.

I'd be using very different tileset combinations in FW, so it wouldn't really be very similar. Just the general idea would be the same/similar...

Also, why do levels in which Juni has to save a little brother always have titles that sound like they're references to Jesus? ;-) Seriously, it's beginning to get a bit odd. There's Razzorman's "The Father's Son", and now this here, "The Fish of Life", which sounds like a reference to the ancient 'ICHTYS' (sp?) acronym.

(Fun, irrelevant fact about Hmpf: I'm not at all religious nowadays, but I went through a religious phase in my youth. Also, the bible is kind of fascinating if you read it as an early work of fantastic fiction. - No offence intended to anyone here who may be religious.)

Oh, and also, cheesecakeFTW: I'm not a guy. ;-)

Thank you for the compliment :D Be fre to use the "low islands overflowing water" thing wenever you want :D
Also I am atheist so I don't really know anything about how The Fish of Life has anything to do with jesus..
Oh, and sorry for the guy/girl thing  :/

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 00:51:02 »
Thank you for the compliment :D Be fre to use the "low islands overflowing water" thing wenever you want :D

Great, thanks!

Also I am atheist so I don't really know anything about how The Fish of Life has anything to do with jesus..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys - helpful knowledge for understanding the point of the Darwin Fish symbol/joke. ;-)) Though, personally, my favourite Jesus Fish parody is the Moya Fish: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+moya_fish_sticker_plain,5330614 (it has roughly the shape of the spaceship Moya from the TV show Farscape, which is kinda-sorta fish-shaped).

Oh, and sorry for the guy/girl thing  :/

No prob. But, you know, you *could* check a poster's profile before you make assumptions about their sex/gender,? ;-) (Granted, a lot of people don't really give that type of information - though I do.) -- I guess my main point is: not everybody on the net is male; not even on a gamers' forum. ;-)

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 00:59:18 »
good luck with Falling Water Hmpf!
And the gender thing, I didn't think about it when i wrote :/ It's changed now anyway :D