TheoX's Music ver.2 (made in ModPlug Tracker)

• 2 Replies

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
TheoX's Music ver.2 (made in ModPlug Tracker)
« on: April 19, 2010, 20:26:08 »
Hey guys!

I haven't been around in a while, partly because I've been distracted by other games, but also because of my involvement in 8bit music communities.  I've been experimenting a little and making a lot of music lately in ModPlug Tracker, which I know LPChip will be happy to hear.  I think I've come a long way from the pathetic little tunes made in ORGMaker (remember my old topic? I can't find it, maybe that's a good thing XD).  Along with a Top 20 Favorite Boss Songs compilation I'm doing on YouTube, I've also started uploading my recently-made chiptunes there.  Listed below are my 5 most recent tunes (newest at bottom) made in ModPlug Tracker; I hope you will take a listen and tell me what you think!  Constructive criticism or praise, whatever, I'll listen to it. :D

Oh, before you click anything, the sound is a little bad because they're in mp3 format.  I would link to the xm/it files, but they are taking a wicked long time to be uploaded on ModArchive.net, I guess they have to be approved or something?  Also I think they sound better on headphones. :P

Snow in the Sky

Ballad of Falling Stars

K.K. ChipRock (animal crossing remix)

Spectrum Circles

Freedom from Thought

Subscribe if you like them! I'll probably keep making these as time passes.  I also have some other, slightly older tunes on 8bitcollective.com if you go there at all.
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: TheoX's Music ver.2 (made in ModPlug Tracker)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 22:08:07 »
Hey, it's been a while since I saw you here. :D

I really like Freedom from Thought. The bass gets a bit boring after a while, but its only a minor complaint.
I like how you managed to stack so many melodies on top of each other without just making a mush of it. Great work.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
Re: TheoX's Music ver.2 (made in ModPlug Tracker)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 22:15:18 »
Yeah, I agree I could have varied the bass, maybe the whole structure a little bit in that song.  My main focus was the layering, and the melodies on top of that (I'm still a little jam-out-obsessed).  I'm glad it seems to have worked out well, thanks Razzorman!
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.