[misc] Savanna Dance

• 15 Replies
[misc] Savanna Dance
« on: March 23, 2009, 00:57:10 »
hello there! :)
After many hours spent on playing Knytt Stories I decided to do my own story. So... there is a preview.
It will be a challenge/enviromental concept placed in world similar to African savanna (leastwise in the begining. I have some ideas for another places). I would like to make nice, living world, with its legends and histories. Everything  is gonna be made by myself.

At this moment I am working on story line and music (it will be made by me, I am going to mix african rhytmes with Knytt-atmospheric ambient). In the meantime I make conceptual skecthes. I am not working on it for hours per day, so I won't finish it soon :P
These are two screens from first stages of my production. I hope you like it.

Cheers!

PS. Sorry for my lame English xD

Re: [misc] Savanna Dance
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:45:36 »
This looks nice. Your tileset?
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:09:29 »
First and foremost, welcome. ^_^
Second, this looks really nice. I like the tileset, too. :)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:26:59 »
Yes, the tileset is mine too.  :^^:  thanks.

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:32:06 »
Oh very nice! Nice paint skills.
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:59 »
What a beautiful tileset!  C)p
I loved "desert/savanna/what-eva-you-want-to-call-it" levels

Oh i dont want to be picky but unfortuantely it cant be both challenge/enviromental, it has to be one or the other  :( 
challenge= has enemies and traps that can kill you
enviromental= it cant have the above ^ but it can have natural things like water or hard jumps

sorry about that  :S

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 13:38:51 »
Oh i dont want to be picky but unfortuantely it cant be both challenge/enviromental, it has to be one or the other  :( 
enviromental= it cant have the above ^ but it can have natural things like water or hard jumps

That's why it's actually going to be labeled [Misc]. From what I can see, the level will have elements of environment and challenge, but will not actually be [Environmental/Challenge]. :P
grao!

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 15:38:38 »
Yea.. I am going to mix this styles. So I want to make nice environment with challenging situations. In the future it may be changed, so nothing is definitely said.  ;) thanks for admire :)

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 15:42:46 »
Wonderful tileset! :D The grass is giving relief to the whole screens, being sharp and the houses and ground slightly blury.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 18:34:22 »

...there already are and will be more environmental/challenge levels. It isn't like the level will be deleted from the archive because it breaks a rule entirely about a subjective classification.

Anyway, I like the screens.
good bye

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 23:40:21 »
The screens remind me of fried potatoes....

The golden color...

It kinda makes me hungry.

Offline Saturneo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 17:42:15 »
 X) It's a savana and it makes you hungry !  O_o

I like the tileset, it's beautiful.

There aren't much levels about Africa so it's interesting.  :)
I'm back !

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 13:37:23 »
It's been months since Merdion was lact active... so I assume this has been abandoned?  :sad: It would be so nice to see an African sort of level, eh.

So anyway, if this was in fact abandoned, I thought I'd bring the topic up so that maybe someone feels inspired by the theme.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 16:01:51 »
Oh, nice screenshots! Shame if it should turn out to be abandoned. Even more of a shame that the tilesets weren't at least released...

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 00:18:27 »
...there already are and will be more environmental/challenge levels. It isn't like the level will be deleted from the archive because it breaks a rule entirely about a subjective classification.

LPChip, who's in charge of developing the new level archive, has said that levels category-tagged both environmental and challenge (or both environmental and puzzle) would not even be able to be uploaded; they would be rejected automatically by the interface.

There's a discussion going on about what to do with levels that have elements of both the environmental and the challenge category over here. /plug

Oh yeah, about the actual level preview...  :oops: This level looks gorgeous, and I like the concept, as well as what the screenshots indicate about play-style (being sent on side-quests by NPCs is an underused device in KS levels, IMO) so I really hope this hasn't been entirely abandoned!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 00:20:40 by the Jack »

Actually, it's eggplant.