What are your favourite/least favourite enemies?

• 11 Replies
What are your favourite/least favourite enemies?
« on: January 21, 2010, 01:03:33 »
I searched, had a look through the board.. Couldn't find another thread.. And here we are.

I'll start off with my preferences: Bank 2, object 30 and bank 3, object 21
Most annoying: bank 9, object 4 and bank 17, object 1

Spoiler: Favourites (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Most annoying (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 18:43:10 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favourite/least favourite enemies?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:01:22 »
Favorite:11-11
Annoying:,2-32
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 04:02:52 »
The ninjas became my least favorite for a long time. Because they don't shoot at you, they shoot in your general direction. So they technically shouldn't be able to hit you, but they do. It wasn't difficult to evade them, but it just pissed me off because it should be easy enough to avoid.

There's one or two others I dislike but I don't really "hate" any of them and the difficulty of an enemy depends on where you place it in the level.

I'd say probably my least favorite is that green bird that shoots white particles... UGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 05:37:44 »
My favorites are definitely the little decorative mini-bouncers. So cute and bouncy!
Least favorite is anything that fires randomly and continuously.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 17:56:07 »
Favorite:  The ghost croc.  (Can make stuff really happen with levels)
Least favorite:  ghost jellyfish  (a pain as heck to handle), and the Zap sentries (kinda tough to make a good maze with those suckers, and I think they CAN zap thru walls.)
Edit of vital measurement:  I goofed.  The pufferfish thing that dive bombs isn't exactly the least favorite.  the other ghost put up however, is what I meant.  (that'll learn me to not visit the KS level editor so often.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 00:58:46 by NESgamer190 »
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 20:13:36 »
I took my best guess as to what those are.
Lurk more.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 22:02:13 »
Two errors:
- 1 (Firecat)
Gorf said that, not me
- 1 (Firecat)
Did i say the Blue Bird?. Sorry, i mean the red eye that follows you
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 04:42:36 »
Two errors:
Fixed, and.. wait.. what?
Lurk more.

Offline Sendy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 18:14:45 »
My favourite is probably the lasers, if that counts :) Though I don't overuse them.

Least favourite, if we mean one that I find hardest to deal with, would be those slow moving disk creatures that shoot a random spray of bullets. They're quite challenging because of the rate at which they fire, you have to find cover near them, dash for it, and sometimes, navigate through the moving bullet spray. Put another enemy or hazard nearby, and we have quite the challenge :)

Most of the enemies have a way of using them that makes them well balanced. You just have to think about how Nifflas would use them. However, what I hate the most is when designers give you an enemy with fast, random projectiles, when you don't have the run ability. You're completely at the mercy of the enemy's fire and it's dependant on luck whether you get past, most of the time.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 18:41:35 »
Least favourite, if we mean one that I find hardest to deal with, would be those slow moving disk creatures that shoot a random spray of bullets. They're quite challenging because of the rate at which they fire, you have to find cover near them, dash for it, and sometimes, navigate through the moving bullet spray. Put another enemy or hazard nearby, and we have quite the challenge :)
That's the one I was trying to remember! Yeah. Those guys are mean.

Edit of vital measurement:  I goofed.  The pufferfish thing that dive bombs isn't exactly the least favorite.  the other ghost put up however, is what I meant.  (that'll learn me to not visit the KS level editor so often.)
Removed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 18:43:42 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 00:49:36 »
It is possible to dodge that enemy when you don't have run, but then I've never seen a level where that's the case. Maybe no one feels like being that sadistic.