(Environmental) Wings of the world

• 17 Replies

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
(Environmental) Wings of the world
« on: May 23, 2009, 18:48:54 »
This level is a free-roaming level. It's fairly large, and will have a wide variety of areas. It uses all custom tilesets, none of which are made by me. I'm not sure what the story is going to be, probably just someting to explain why Juni is wandering around the world. Some screenshots are attached. The screens are subject to change, because I haven't added most objects yet. There are a lot of houses in the game, and you can enter all of them, no exceptions. There will also be a few secrets... :shifty:
EDIT: Since I took the third screenshot Ive fixed a few SGEs on that screen, but I don't feel like updating it. :sick:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 17:12:00 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Re: (Environmental) Wings of the world
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 17:58:11 »
Wow, this looks good! I especially like the first and second screen, the third ones also really good but I think I've had a bad experience with that tileset...  O_o but I don't remember. Being to be able to enter all the houses will be fun, I can't wait for this to come out!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 18:19:32 »
What do you mean by a bad experience? It's a little time-consuming to place all the spikes and it can eat up layers fairly quickly, but the result is really cool! :^^:

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 18:20:24 »
This looks niiiice. :D
grao!

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 13:30:49 »
Agreed - it does look very nice. And enterable houses are always good - they give a level more of an rpg feel. I love that first tileset. By Frederik Andersson or someone isn't it?

I like the little piggy creature on the shelf in the fourth screenshot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 14:27:24 by utherdoul »

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 20:30:41 »
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Any criticisms? The filesize will likely be pretty big, so I want to make it as good as I can. Also, to keep everyone interested, another screenshot.
EDIT: An update, even though no one's posted for awhile. I found a source for custom music, so I'll use some. It won't be all custom though, that would make the file massive. This is the song I'll be using for the area in the 3rd screen. (Probably.) Tell me what you think!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:51:18 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 06:56:30 »
[Shameful bump post]
New screen, this one is the starting village. Of course, you can enter those buildings you see. :)

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:56:12 »
Lookin' gooooood. Interesting music; when the drums come in it feels very un-knyttlike (not necessarily a bad thing). :)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 11:29:17 »
music sounds interesting sounds eerie at firsst then drums and wow techno  XD project looks nice

any of my tilesets in there  :shifty:
[offtopic] where can i post my tilesets? ive looked everywhere i've made so many  X-P [/offtopic]

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 17:56:44 »
Nope, none of yours, sorry. :( As for posting tilesets, I suppose you could put them in development showcase. I would certainly love to see them, I need new ones for other projects.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 05:19:37 »
again off topic send me a pm or e-mil i can send them to you (they're not signed so) hope to see more of this level around :P

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 22:49:49 »
hope to see more of this level around :P
Around where? If you mean you want an update, you're in luck! I don't have much time right now, so I will edit this post later. I do, however, have a mini screenshot! This will likely be the last screen until the level is released, since I don't want to spoil it.

EDIT: I thought I had an update. I guess I don't. Sorry. :(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 23:13:27 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:51 »
aha  :shifty:

its a forest!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 23:19:33 »
I'm sorry, but this is kind of on hold for now. It WILL be finished, but it may take a long while. :S

Check out my tilesets!