[song: electro/dnb] DS-10 Trip (mp3 and youtube)

• 8 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
[song: electro/dnb] DS-10 Trip (mp3 and youtube)
« on: July 29, 2009, 19:30:05 »
This time, I wanted to make a song that progresses as it goes. My other DS-10 songs all have some form of repetition where patterns are being reused.

This time, I also wanted to do something different than usual. Not just record my DS playing the song, but actually enhance the experience. To do that, I did two things. I used a visualisation called Rabbit Hole in XMPlay while playing the mp3 version and recorded that, and I tried out the new 720p format. It was a challenge though. My pc really didn't liked the idea of working hard to record on HD quality. You can see it a little bit. Done alot of things and tried alot of settings to get the result you have now.

I included the bass sound because I'm really pleased with it. I didn't included schemes from the other sounds (nor will I do so seperatelly) because they're kind of the same as what you already can find in my other songs. The lead sounds that change are actually the same sound, just changed the resonanse settings per pattern. I did found a bug in the game while making this song though. The bassdrum in this song basically has every setting on max. Every time I load this song, I have to edit the bassdrum, listen it play 4 times before it sounds as I want to. I don't actually have to make changes. Due to this, I didn't included the bassdrum in my movie as image.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

Be sure to check the youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wlu7ZLCQSE

Get an MP3 version here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Trip.mp3

Comments are really appreciated (and if you have a youtube, I wouldn't mind you rating it 5 stars either XD )
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
Re: [song: electro/dnb] DS-10 Trip (mp3 and youtube)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 20:08:11 »
Very good song, LPChip. Very electronic-upbeat, I thought. I rated 5 in hopes of more sometime. C)p

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 20:19:36 »
:) Thanks.

I already have one very cool pattern for a next song with a bunch of idea's. A next song definatelly is a yes! :)

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 00:09:22 »
you should release an album with these sogns! :D
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:04:34 »
Although it's definitely quite different from the other songs, I can't say that I didn't like it. Its "effect" on me just didn't include the same sort of resonance that the others had, but I guess I just like repetition a lot. X)
Although when I listened to it play for longer, I did find it to be real nice for some special kind of mood. Which I don't seem to have too often, so I guess I'll have to put it separately and just dig it out every once in a while or something. XD
Hope you keep on having ideas! :D
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:20:37 »
Thanks for the feedback :)

@lilmanjs16: I will. :) Its already on my to-do list.

@Miss Paula: Cool :) Yeah, I actually share that thought. It really has a vibe and works pretty well for a special kind of mood.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 23:47:30 »
Thanks for the feedback :)

@lilmanjs16: I will. :) Its already on my to-do list.

@Miss Paula: Cool :) Yeah, I actually share that thought. It really has a vibe and works pretty well for a special kind of mood.
sweet! if you ever want to release it with mah label, I'd be glad to, but I'm not going to try to force you to. all of the DS-10 songs are good.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 00:29:50 »
This song has a different overall feel from some of your other ones, but it's very nice nonetheless.
The lead sounds that change are actually the same sound, just changed the resonanse settings per pattern.
That's pretty cool.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:49:49 »

MODPlug Central Forum