Mediocre Platformer.

• 3 Replies

Offline ChaosWolf

• Do NOT look behind you...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube page
Mediocre Platformer.
« on: July 13, 2009, 00:48:57 »
I dont know. Ive shown this to people. Some like it. Some don't. Don't play it expecting a master peice. If you have the right mind set you should have some fun. *Note* The controls/Physics are supposed to be like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSZyNQI6Wpk

The last forum I posted this in nearly ate me. :sigh:

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mediocre Platformer.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:50:20 »
The last forum I posted this in nearly ate me. :sigh:
No offense, but I can kinda see why. I watched the start of the YouTube video, but I stopped when I heard you say, "This game requires a lot of glitch exploitation." No game should, or you don't know what a glitch is. A glitch is a problem with a game. If you need to use it to continue past a certain point, it's either a feature...or bad design. I don't use MMF, so I don't know how hard/easy it is to make this stuff, but I definitely wouldn't play the game.

Sorry for trying to OM NOM NOM you there. :P

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:59:55 »
Downloading..
Lurk more.

Offline ChaosWolf

• Do NOT look behind you...
    • View Profile
    • Youtube page
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:10:41 »
This was made before I knew what a static engine was. So I was using the built in platformer engine (which sucks). So I decided that I should exploit the flaws in the engine. The result was a game that some people loved (starrock45, Most friends ), and others Loathed (TSE Forum).
Edit: The second screen usually makes people stop playing because of the harsh difficulty. Do not worry that is one of the harder screens. It does not get a lot more challenging.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:09:32 by ChaosWolf159 »