In a Dark cave

• 4 Replies
In a Dark cave
« on: July 01, 2010, 17:45:12 »
Story: Juni falls into a dark cave and must find a way out.

Download.

Its actually unfinished but I'm doing other things at the moment and there is enough to be a complete game.

Offline drwright

• View Profile
Re: In a Dark cave
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 23:45:11 »
lots of voids and I apologize but I do not enjoy levels where it is hard to discern things due to a dark background.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 00:26:02 »
I apologize but I do not enjoy levels where it is hard to discern things due to a dark background.
Play it on easy.
Edit: "Easy"? I don't know my own games. Try it on medium.
If you hate the dark areas then you would loath the unfinished part but you'd need to play it on hard hard to get to it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 00:36:52 by Lone Wolf »

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 14:16:06 »
Eh, nice ideas (liked the vast cave with waterfalls best of all) and OK for a first level, but too many bugs. First screen, there's a rock adjacent to the right side of the screen, and no corresponding rock on the other side = instant wallswim when jumping back. Screen with the grey bouncer, the bouncer doesn't bounce and produces an irritating noise - you probably placed it inside layer 3 or something. Some wrong layers here and there (some mushrooms on layer 3 instead of being in the background, etc.) and so on. Also, you should rename the knytt.bin file to "Casey - In a dark cave.knytt.bin", so that people won't have to spend time looking for where your level is in their KS directory.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 14:17:16 »
Also, there are WAY TOO FEW SAVEPOINTS. Seriously, it's annoying as hell to always have to backtrack a lot, and I was playing on medium!