Help me find Pavan 5

• 36 Replies

4a

Re: Help me find Pavan 5
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 18:27:22 »
What if... you DID "lose" the book upon borrowing it? You'd get a costy fine for losing the book but in the end you'd have the book in your collection and everybody would be happy, you with the book and the library with the money. :D

Well, the library still might not be happy. :O
I think a problem there is the fine. It might be a fine that Nifflas would rather not pay. Also it's kind of stealing, whether or not a fine is paid.

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 00:30:12 »
couldn't you ask where the library got it from? :huh:

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 01:19:43 »
Depending on how old the library is, it could have bought the book when it was brand-new, or, more likely, someone donated it (or willed it) to the library.

Also yeah if a library employee were to lose a library book permanently, they might not be a library employee anymore. 9_9
good bye

Offline MilkMan

• Drink Milk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 19:56:11 »
Get a friend to "lose" the book for you then! then you'll pay him whatever the library wants for the book. X-P

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 20:26:25 »
I just realised. If the library, through some weird coincidence, reads this thread, they might begin to have doubts about letting people check out Pavan 5.
Lurk more.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 21:00:03 »
Still, the Pavan collection will not actually be worth a lot if one book is from a library, and got the library stamps on it. I aim to get a proper collection of Elis work.

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 22:54:18 »
Still, the Pavan collection will not actually be worth a lot if one book is from a library, and got the library stamps on it. I aim to get a proper collection of Elis work.

One solution would be to buy the collection from the site the offers the whole series, and sell the ones you already have on eBay or something... If you play it right, you'll have the whole collection and some money in the process... I'm sure some poor soul out there is searching for Pavan 1 to 4 or something...
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...