Tileset board?

• 7 Replies

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Tileset board?
« on: June 17, 2009, 23:47:40 »
Just a suggestion, but maybe the mods could add a temporary tileset board to the forum. Since several people already have posted tilesets in development showcase, it shows there are tileset creators still here and many level creators could use new tilesets for their levels. I know there's going to be something like this on the archive, and I know the archive will be "done when it's done," but it will likely take awhile for that to happen and it would be great to have something in the meantime.

Check out my tilesets!

Re: Tileset board?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 00:01:28 »
..and gradient, CO
Lurk more.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 00:25:20 »
Even I, can't handle the wait.

Its good to go to #spamgallery to spam all of your thoughts about the forum. :)
(sorry if that sounded negative to the staff DX)

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 00:39:53 »
If Chip was 2 days away from the archive, he would hopefully tell us. Right now it seems he's very far away from finishing it. And yeah, there's an unofficial CO board, but there's nowhere for tilesets.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 04:41:53 »
Its not you its the forum.

I mean why did it even crash in the first place?  :)

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 17:21:24 »
I predict a locking. This has been talked about before. Quite a lot.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 22:38:43 »
The archive will probably take several months before it's up, and maybe a year to have all the features implemented.  Expect it to be properly usable about four months after it's up; the custom level forum will probably be deleted, so nobody will be able to properly comment on levels for that time.

(I am not LPChip, Paula, or anyone else who would know anything about this archive specifically; I speak from experience.)

As far as tilesets go, just post them in Development Showcase.  It isn't as though that forum is clogged, or that it will become clogged, because making a tileset actually requires a tiny bit of effort and thus we don't have the slew of crap that torments the custom level forum and especially the archive.

However, posting "suggestion: add a tileset board" topics every week is a good way to tick off Paula.  Expect a sarcastic and slightly scathing comment as well as a lock.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:27:56 »
I can wait for Paula to indeed get so annoyed by this to lock it, but I have that mighty power myself too...

A small update from my end, why things are taking longer than expected: I've bought a house, and that takes more time than anticipated.

Now, this question has been asked already and it was locked last time, so I see no reason why this one is different.

The answer is: NO! No new forum.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex