Forum staff changes slightly

• 3 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Forum staff changes slightly
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:38:11 »
As you may know, Paula recently left the administrator position. She demoted herself to the position of Global Moderator.

This raised questions on my end because it was clear to me that she didn't want to leave the staff position, but neither wanted to be an administrator. So we got in touch and I asked her why she left the administrator position. She told me that she likes the background part of the job, but not so much the foreground part.

Since my time is quite limited, and she wants to help me out we started to talk about how to give it shape so that she can help me while not having to do the tasks she really dislikes.

As result of the chat, the following changes has been made to the administration of the forum:
  • J has been demoted to Global moderators. His function as Super moderators is not different than the Global moderators, which makes it a bit illogical to keep the title Super moderator. Other than the title change, not much changes. I still value his opinion as of the other Global mods, and he still has the same right to speak.
  • Ponto has requested to be demoted. After presenting the idea's to Ponto and J and getting the approval, Ponto told me that he isn't active anymore and that he's been thinking about leaving the staff for some time now. So he asked me to change his status to a normal member instead of a global moderator.
  • The task of a Global moderator has not been changed. A Global moderator will deal with reported posts and take actions where necessary. In addition, a Global moderator will do the same when s/he encounters a possible problem on the forum while browsing. When an issue arises at the forum and the Global moderator knows the anser s/he may state his/her opinion.
  • The task of a Super moderator has changed. A Super moderator will help the admin staff by performing background tasks where possible.
  • Miss Paula has been promoted to Super moderator. In order to help with my tight schedule, Miss Paula will operate in the background. She will not be responsible for executing my decisions and thus will not get involved with an argument about these decisions unless she feels obligated. Any actions performed by her will have my approval and thus can be seen as been done by me. The Super moderator will also perform the duties of a Global moderator.
  • Nifflas has been ranked as Game designer. This rank will show everyone that he's not involved with the staff. As owner he does of cource has administrative privileges and not much will change on what he does. Its just to clearify things for new users.
  • The administrators role explained. The administrators will evaluate all RFC's (request for change) and address complaints where necessary. If necessary, the administrators will contact users to resolve issues that are currently affecting the overall forum experience. Administrators will also perform the duties from a Global moderator and Super moderator where necessary.

If you have questions about this change, feel free to reply, and I'll reply accordingly.

Please bear in mind, that the reason for this change is to keep the forum maintainance and experience optimal with my limited timeframe. Also, no changes have been made to the structure of the IRC Channel because basically every staff member has OP status. Questions regarding to the IRC Channel may be addressed to J.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 17:28:54 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline bunnrey

• still working...
    • View Profile
Re: Forum staff changes slightly
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:25:24 »
are there going to be any new staff?

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 08:40:20 »
Not as of now.
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:41:14 »
Actually, I've asked someone through PM. I'm awaiting this response.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex